Christmas is an expensive time of year, and with continued economic gloom we’d all like to save a little money to spend on the fun things in life.
Bring on Frugal Food Fridays from Fuss Free Flavours (what a lot of f’s!) – to bring you some inspiration and money saving ideas!
Some themes for money saving ideas that I have thought up are:
- Dishes using cheaper ingredients – cheap cuts of meat or vegetarian
- Meals using leftovers
- Meals using up the ends of packets
- Substitutions of cheaper ingredients
- Packed lunches
- Meals that use less energy to cook
- Pressure cooking
- Slow cooking
- Faster cooking – less oven time for example
- Batch cooking for the freezer
- Using Sustainable foods
- Food you have grown yourself
- Meals from reduced food in the supermarket
I expect that there are many many more. Let me know any more you think of and I’ll add them in.
Frugal Food Fridays
To take part, simply blog about any money saving idea that is vaguely food related.
There are a few rules
- Please link to the Frugal Food Fridays page
- Please link to the current host (ME!)
- Please use the Frugal Food Fridays Badge
But feel free to
- Send to as many other events as you like, let’s help everyone save money!
- Blog any day of the week! Not just Fridays!
Tell me about your money saving ideas on the linky below! I am asoo making this a blog hop, so feel free to grab the code and add to your post too. Let’s spread the money saving meme!
I am running this first Frugal Food Friday until the end of December, and will post a round up in early Jan – I am looking forward to lots of Christmas leftover ideas!
Let me know if you would like to host too!