I am constantly bookmarking and favouriting excellent and useful articles that I see, and thought it might be nice to share some of them?
Recently my eye has been caught by:
- How to identify fonts in an image – use a tool called What Font Is of course. Very useful if you are considering a redesign and want to find a new font to use.
- How to move from All In One SEO to WordPress SEO By Yoast. Most people recommend using Yoast’s SEO plugin rather than All in One SEO. I have recently made the switch and wish I had read this first.
- Some interesting thoughts on monetising with CPM (pay per view ads) or using affliliates. I do the first, and need to think more about the second.
- An up to date guide on managing Facebook privacy settings. Given that Facebook changes everything all the time it is required reading.
- Noticed that your reach of your Facebook page has dropped? Here is why.
- It is time to get familiar with If This Then That – a very useful tool.
Lastly this excellent piece over on Decor8 on why Bloggers Should Paid for Their Work. The point about not falling for the exposure mantra is excellent, and I’ll be pointing many a PR at this post as well as growing list of work which I have been paid for.
On the same subject of being paid there is also this excellent response from a band when asked by a restaurant when to play a gig for free.
And I shall be making use of this gif – When a Premium PR Company Says They Have No Money for Bloggers. Love it!