New Year. New Start!
I have retired Frugal Food Fridays – too much alliteration and the Friday was too misleading and I have replaced with Credit Crunch Munch which I will be running with the lovely Camilla from Fab Food 4 All.
Although there is a new name and a new logo (designed by Camilla’s husband) the idea behind the event remains the same, we want to know how you enjoy great food, but still spend less or save some money. Think about…
- Dishes using cheaper ingredients – cheap cuts of meat or vegetarian
- Meals using leftovers
- Meals using up the ends of packets
- Substitutions of cheaper ingredients
- Packed lunches
- Meals that use less energy to cook
- Pressure cooking
- Slow cooking
- Faster cooking – less oven time for example
- Batch cooking for the freezer
- Sustainable foods
- Food you have grown yourself
- Meals from reduced food in the supermarket
This month (and next) I am concentrating on substitutions, as I am going to attempt to limit my food shopping to fruit, vegetables and milk, and use up all the half packets of beans, grains, flours etc etc. I am sure I will end up buying some sugar and flour but it will be interesting to see how long I can last eating from the cupboards and freezer.
Credit Crunch Munch
To take part, simply blog about any money saving idea that is vaguely food related, I am especially keen to hear about substitutions for when you run out of something this month
There are a few rules
- Please link to the Credit Crunch Munch pages on my site and Camilla’s.
- Please link to the current host (ME!)
- Please use the Credit Crunch Munch Badge
- Tweet using #creditcrunchmunch
- Closing date – last day of the month
But feel free to
- Send to as many other events as you like, let’s help everyone save money!
Tell me about your money saving ideas on the linky below! I am also making this a blog hop, so feel free to grab the code and add to your post too. Let’s spread the money saving meme!
We’ll be looking for guest hosts later in the year, so please mail me if you are interested. helen at fussfreeflavours dot com