With a large and wide ranging selection of recipes the ten finalists attended a cook off last month and prepared their dishes for a panel of judges including Rebecca from delicious magazine, Felicity from Big Feastival, Lucy from BRITA, and the three winners below were chosen.
At 15 Emily was the youngest person to enter the competition. Emily used to run her own baking website, Emily’s Home Bakes, but gave it up to concentrate on her GCSE’s. The judges were impressed with the bespoke cupcakes she designed for each of the judges, especially a miniature BRITA water jug made out of icing.
Alex’s gluten-free brownies
Alex created his gluten-free brownies after discovering that there was a lack of sweet treats available for his gluten intolerant sister. He’s passionate about people enjoying food and wanted to get the best out of his ingredients by using BRITA filtered water. The judges loved the moist chocolate centre of the brownies, as well as the interesting addition of peanut butter.
Rekha’s samosas are handcrafted, from the spices to the pastry, to ensure a perfect parcel of taste. Her creations are a favorite amongst her local farmers markets as people love her Indian cooking style. She’s a perfectionist cook and ensures a golden glow by using the best ingredients, including BRITA filtered water.
As well as being able to serve their dish at the Big Feastival, the three winners received a BRITA tap (see our review here) to enable them to continue to discover the results of cooking with filtered water.
Win BRITA Marella Water Filter Jug
How To Enter
- Simply complete the Gleam widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- Read the rules below, and please take note of the entry criteria. I can tell if you have tweeted and facebooked, I do verify entries, and will, and have disqualified people who cheat.
- Closing date Midnight 22nd September 2014
New to Fuss Free Flavours or Gleam?
- If there is no form hit refresh (f5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment
- Login to Gleam – click to see what the question is. Make a comment answering the question on the blog, (I verify all comments so it will not appear immediately), go back to Gleam and click the button to tell my you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other options regardless of whether the comment is approved or not.
- Gleam will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter!
- For information on how to find the url of your tweet click here
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries
Many thanks to BRITA for this prize. I am a BRITA ambassador and have been compensated my time spent on this campaign and for promoting this competition.