I cannot believe that it is December already, and that Christmas will be here before we know it.
With all the extra shopping December can be an expensive time of year, so some frugal meals can really help with the budget. If you have blogged a frugal money saving meal this month we’d love to see it.
Money saving topics could be:-
- Dishes using cheaper ingredients – cheap cuts of meat or vegetarian
- Meals using leftovers
- Meals using up the ends of packets
- Substitutions of cheaper ingredients
- Packed lunches
- Meals that use less energy to cook
- Pressure cooking
- Slow cooking
- Faster cooking – less oven time for example
- Batch cooking for the freezer
- Sustainable foods
- Food you have grown yourself
- Meals from reduced food in the supermarket
Credit Crunch Munch
To take part, simply blog about any money saving idea or recipe that is vaguely food related. We do a full round up so I will be mentioning all the recipes that are submitted.
There are a few rules
- Please link to this post, and the Credit Crunch Munch page on Fab Food 4 All
- You are welcome to use the Credit Crunch Munch Badge
- Tweet using #creditcrunchmunch
- Closing date – last day of the month – 31st December
- You are welcome to link up one or two old posts, but please republish them
- By entering you are agreeing to let us use an image from your entry on this site, and to pin to Pinterest
- If blogging a recipe from elsewhere on the internet or a book please be mindful of copyright
- But feel free to send to as many other events as you like, let’s help everyone save money!
- Please visit a few other blogs who take part and comment and share
- This is a blog hop so please grab the code and share the linkie on your site too.
We look forward to seeing your entries!