I cannot believe that it is February already!
I have been playing store cupboard empty for all of Jan, and have not bought any non perishable food apart from flour for bread, and coffee (essential for a harmonious relationship!). My cupboards are far from empty, but now when I open the doors stuff does not fall out, and there is certainly some space in them. I still have a good month’s supply of grains – rice, quinoa, cous cous and the like, as well as jars of dried beans, but I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel and I’ll be doing a huge restock in the middle of March!
Money saving topics could be:-
- Dishes using cheaper ingredients – cheap cuts of meat or vegetarian
- Meals using leftovers
- Meals using up the ends of packets
- Substitutions of cheaper ingredients
- Packed lunches
- Meals that use less energy to cook
- Pressure cooking
- Slow cooking
- Faster cooking – less oven time for example
- Batch cooking for the freezer
- Sustainable foods
- Food you have grown yourself
- Meals from reduced food in the supermarket
Credit Crunch Munch
To take part, simply blog about any money saving idea or recipe that is vaguely food related. We do a full round up so I will be mentioning all the recipes that are submitted.
There are a few rules
- Please link to this post, and the Credit Crunch Munch page on Fab Food 4 All
- You are welcome to use the Credit Crunch Munch Badge
- Tweet using #creditcrunchmunch
- Closing date – last day of the month – 29th February
- You are welcome to link up one or two old posts, but please republish them
- By entering you are agreeing to let us use an image from your entry on this site, and to pin to Pinterest
- If blogging a recipe from elsewhere on the internet or a book please be mindful of copyright
- But feel free to send to as many other events as you like, let’s help everyone save money!
- Please visit a few other blogs who take part and comment and share
- This is a blog hop so please grab the code and share the linkie on your site too.
We look forward to seeing your entries!