My one simple philosophy for healthy eating, seems more appropriate than ever:-
Forget diets and eat a generous portion of (raw) vegetables with every meal whenever you can.
By eating #ExtraVeg you not only eat more of the good stuff, but by default eat less of the bad stuff. Simplez!
Michelle and I would love to see your ideas for how you eat #ExtraVeg – I try for a least two portions with my breakfast – my usual green smoothie contains two large handfuls of leafy greens, and today I had a breakfast salad containing a handful of spinach, cupful of roasted butternut squash and a chopped banana topped with seeds. That is 2 and 3 portions and you have barely started the day.
This month I’d especially love to challenge you to add vegetables to a meal where you would not usually eat them – so maybe breakfast or a mid morning snack, or try a vegetable you have not eaten before?
Extra Veg Blog Challenge
To take part, simply blog about any recipe or idea where you eat an extra portion of vegetables.
There are a few rules
- Please link to the current host (ME!) and to Michelle.
- Tweet using #ExtraVeg
- Feel free to use the badge or grab the linkie code for your site.
- Closing date – 28th of the month
- By entering you are agreeing to let us use an image from your entry on this site, and to pin to Pinterest.
- Please be respectful of other people’s copyright
But feel free to
- Send to as many other events as you like
Tell me about your ideas for extra veg on the linky below!
We’ll be looking for guest hosts later in the year, so please mail me if you are interested. helen at fussfreeflavours dot com