I am hugely excited to be hosting this month’s Forever Nigella for my dear friend Sarah at Maison Cupcake. Started in January of this year it has become a hugely popular event attracting entries from all over the world.
This month the theme is picnic pleasures, suitable dishes would be ones that can be packed up, travel well, can be eaten with fingers, or just a fork.
Full details are below:
Forever Nigella #8
Challenge: To prepare and blog any Nigella recipe that is suitable to take on a picnic. Proper picnic food please.
Deadline: Sunday 28th August, midnight wherever you are.
Round up: By the next weekend.
- No rules about how often you must take part
- No rules about stuff being secret until certain dates
- No rules that everyone cook exactly the same thing
- No rules about not being able to submit to any other blog events – just check it doesn’t contravene the other guys’ rules
But there are 3 rules:
1. Blog your entry by the deadline including:
a) the current Forever Nigella badge
b) a link to this page
c) a link to the official Forever Nigella page at Maison Cupcake: http://blog.maisoncupcake.com/forever-nigella
2. So not to breach Nigella’s copyright you must NOT reproduce recipes verbatim as shown in her books. If using an original Nigella recipe, tell us which book it is from and/or where we find it online (see most likely sites below). If you’ve adapted the recipe in some way i.e. changed at least two ingredients or amended the method then it’s ok to publish the a recipe in your post but you MUST write the directions in your own words.
3. Tell us about your post by emailing me “helen AT fussfreeflavours DOT com” and c.c. to “sarah AT maisoncupcake DOT com” with:
a) your name
b) URL of your post
c) a photo no more than 300 pixels wide.
Don’t forget to tweet your post with the hashtag #forevernigella – I will retweet all those I see!
N.B. Your entry must have been published since the announcement post. You may only submit something from your archives if you republish it as a new post.
Last month’s round up with the theme Iced Dreams can been seen over at Soul Curry.