Now Christmas has past, and January seems a very long month, let’s let Frugal Food Fridays begin in ernest!
Some themes for money saving ideas that I have thought up are:
- Dishes using cheaper ingredients – cheap cuts of meat or vegetarian
- Meals using leftovers
- Meals using up the ends of packets
- Substitutions of cheaper ingredients
- Packed lunches
- Meals that use less energy to cook
- Pressure cooking
- Slow cooking
- Faster cooking – less oven time for example
- Batch cooking for the freezer
- Using Sustainable foods
- Food you have grown yourself
- Meals from reduced food in the supermarket
I expect that there are many many more. Let me know any more you think of and I’ll add them in.
Following a Twitter conversation just before Christmas I am also expanding the theme to include frugal “fotos” – good food styled simply. No ribbons, no baubles, and napkins are only allowed if you use them anyway!
Frugal Food Fridays
To take part, simply blog about any money saving idea that is vaguely food related.
There are a few rules
- Please link to the Frugal Food Fridays page
- Please link to the current host (ME!)
- Please use the Frugal Food Fridays Badge
- Tweet using #frugalfoodfriday
But feel free to
- Send to as many other events as you like, let’s help everyone save money!
- Blog any day of the week! Not just Fridays!
Tell me about your money saving ideas on the linky below! I am also making this a blog hop, so feel free to grab the code and add to your post too. Let’s spread the money saving meme!
Let me know if you would like to host too!