As a young child I remember being offered Elizabeth Shaw mint crisps, in the iconic octagonal boxes, by my Grandmother, more years ago than I care to remember. My over riding memory was that these were very grown up treats and it made me feel very special to have one, consequently I was delighted when they recently offered me some samples to review. What I did not expect was a huge hamper which was delivered.
Founded in 1937 with the original mint crisp the brand has greatly expanded. The mint crisps are still present, and just as I remembered, but now available in a range of flavours including butterscotch, honeycomb and caramel. Also new to me are the batons – in four flavours – and bar chocolate.
We especially like the flutes – thin and crisp batons of chocolate filled with orange, latte, amaretto and mint. Perfect for stirring hot chocolate with and I have plans for using some for a cake decorating project.
I really liked with the cocoa crunch bar chocolate, plain chocolate studded with cocoa nibs – giving extra crunch and texture as well as an extra chocolate hit. I am also happy to report that the mint crisps taste just as I remember them and they are still packed in the octagonal box! All in all we were very impressed with the quality considering this is a factory produced range.
Additionally I was delighted that my hamper was packed in a more environmentally friendly way – in a reused box, padded out with cornstarch packing chips, which biodegrade or can be composted. Further environmental credentials are that the bar chocolate is made in a factory at least partially powered by renewable energy and the company has a programme of engaged ethics to make sure their cocoa farmers are paid a decent amount.
Available from Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose, Co-op and Booths and other independent stores.
Happy to spread the chocolate love Elizabeth Shaw have offered a hamper for one lucky Fuss Free Flavours reader containing the treats below.
- Dark Mint Crisp octagon
- Butterscotch Crisp octagon
- Sharing Crisp Assortment
- 3 x Bars
- Crisp Collection
- Mint Collection
- 4 x Flutes
For another chance to win this fantastic prize visit the Elizabeth Shaw site.
Win Hamper of Chocolate from Elizabeth Shaw
How To Enter
- Simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- Read the rules below, and please take note of the entry criteria. I can tell if you have tweeted and facebooked, I do verify entries, and will, and have disqualified people who cheat.
- Closing date Midnight 8th October 2012
New to Fuss Free Flavours or Rafflecopter?
- If there is no form hit refresh (f5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment
- Login to Rafflecopter – click to see what the question is. Make a comment answering the question on the blog, (I verify all comments so it will not appear immediately), go back to Rafflecopter and click the green button to tell my you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other options regardless of whether the comment is approved or not.
- Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter!
- For information on how to find the url of your tweet click here
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries
- This giveaway is open to all readers over 18, who live in the UK
- The winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter (which uses random.org) and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not respond within a 7 days another winner may be chosen.
- There are one prize of an Elizabeth Shaw Chocolate Hamper
- I am running this competition in good faith on behalf of Elizabeth Shaw. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. They reserve the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type / value if the prize above is not available.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- The organiser reserves the right to alter the closing date of the giveaway, either closing early or extending without notice. Changes to the closing date if they occur will be shown on this page
- There is one main way to enter and several ways to get bonus entries, including bonus daily entries. Follow the instructions in the form above. If you already like / follow comment in the Rafflecopter widget and let me know to get your entries.
Many thanks to Elizabeth Shaw for this amazing prize and for my samples.