With my blog and food being my full time job watching food television of an evening feels too much like hard work and I avoid all of the obvious programmes. However a food based film is something that I really enjoy, and I am hugely looking forward to the release of The Hundred Foot Journey on the 5th September.
The Hundred Foot Journey is an uplifting cross-border film, exploring the fusion of Indo-French cultures, represented beautifully through the universal language of heart-warming food for the soul. A feel good cultural feast full of Indian spices, French sophistication and British wit, The Hundred Foot Journey is the dream project of Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg and Juliet Blake, directed by Lasse Hallström and starring Dame Helen Mirren, DBE, Om Puri, OBE, Manish Dayal and Charlotte Le Bon.
I can’t wait! Lots of lovely food, a fabulous cast and a wonderful sounding film. I need to decide if we go for dinner before (and come out feeling hungry), or have a big lunch and go for dinner after (I will be ravenously hungry by the end). To get you in the mood for some foodie cinema here is a recipe for a classic French Onion soup. Classic onion soup aside the main food emphasis in the film is that good food surpassing cultural differences and can play the role playing of a unifier, specifically with the theme of fusion cuisines becoming more and more popular. I have two Hundred Food Journey bags packed with an apron, spice jars, spatula, and recipe journal to be won by Fuss Free Flavours’ readers. For a change to win tell me what your favourite fusion dish is and follow the instructions in the Gleam widget below.
Win 1 of 2 Hundred Foot Journey Cook’s Goodie Bag
How To Enter
- Simply complete the Gleam widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- Read the rules below, and please take note of the entry criteria. I can tell if you have tweeted and facebooked, I do verify entries, and will, and have disqualified people who cheat.
- Closing date Midnight 19th September 2014
New to Fuss Free Flavours or Gleam?
- If there is no form hit refresh (f5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment
- Login to Gleam – click to see what the question is. Make a comment answering the question on the blog, (I verify all comments so it will not appear immediately), go back to Gleam and click the button to tell my you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other options regardless of whether the comment is approved or not.
- Gleam will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter!
- For information on how to find the url of your tweet click here
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries
Many thanks to The 100 Foot Journey for this prize. This is a sponsored post.