Delicious no churn chocolate mint After Eight ice cream shots are the perfect easy to make dessert. Serve straight from the freezer.
When I have a dinner party, I want to be able to spend as much time with my guests as possible. Prep ahead, high glory to effort, tidy up as you go, and have an empty dishwasher at the start of the evening are all useful guidelines to follow when entertaining. I believe that my friends come to see me, and I do not want to abandon them and miss out on all the conversation whilst spending time in the kitchen.
These After Eight ice cream shots tick all the boxes for the perfect pudding, they are very easy to make – they sit in the freezer until you are ready to serve them, they look impressive – food served in glasses always looks good, if they defrost they do not melt but transform into a velvety soft mousse, they are quite small so not too rich, and you can eat them having left the table sitting comfortable on the sofa.
I’ve used a no-churn ice cream recipe here, perfect for those who do not have, need or have space for an ice cream machine. Freeze any spare condensed milk – it is delicious eaten frozen from the freezer tub, or defrost and use in your next no churn ice cream recipe.
- 160ml Condensed milk
- 10 After Eight Mints
- 300ml Double Cream
- 60ml Milk
- Extra After Eights for serving
- Place the condensed milk and After Eights into a small saucepan and gently heat stirring from time to time until the chocolate has melted and you have a thick chocolate sauce. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the cream and milk into a large bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until it thickens and holds a soft peak. Gently fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into verrine glasses (I used disposable piping bag) or transfer to plastic tub, and put in the freezer for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Decorate with extra After Eights and serve straight from the freezer.
No Churn After Eight Ice Cream Shots recipe commissioned by After Eight