I have shared my one simple tip for a healthier diet many times;
“Eat a generous portion of (raw) vegetables with every meal whenever you can”
Although the veggies in this recipe for a fully loaded vegetable frittata from Lion Eggs are cooked, there is still a generous amount added which helps you well on your way to, and beyond, your 5 a day. The recipe is super adaptable and ideal for using up all those veggies in the salad crisper the day before you do your shopping.
Here is Barry Lewis to show you how it is done.
- 8 British Lion eggs
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- Handful fresh spinach
- 4 tbsp sweetcorn
- ½ courgette, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced roughly
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped in chunks
- Handful fresh parsley
- Large handful grated extra mature cheddar cheese
- (use extra cheese if you wish to top up before baking)
- Cook along with the video
For more cracking egg recipes visit Lion Eggs.
Post sponsored by Lion Eggs