I am a great believer in the effort to glory ratio. Low effort, high glory and impressing people is my signature way to cook.
Sainsbury’s sent my some vouchers and asked me to come up with an idea for a signature dish using at least one Sainsbury’s store cupboard product. We do like starting the day to a nice breakfast, especially at the weekend, and what could be nicer than eating American style pancakes, washed down with coffee whilst reading the paper?
Most people have both milk and eggs in, so these are very easy to make at a moments notice. Used packet mixed fruit, or make your own mix up – chopped dried apricots and cranberries look pretty.
- 100g Sainsbury’s plain white flour
- 1tsp Sainsbury’s baking powder
- 2 Sainsbury’s free range eggs
- 75ml Sainsbury’s semi skinned milk
- 1 heaped tbs Sainsbury’s mixed dried fruit – chopped
- Sainsbury’s butter
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Mix together flour, baking powder, eggs and milk. Do not over beat, as this will result in tougher pancakes.
- Add in the dried fruit mix gently. Heat a little of the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, and cook the pancakes in small batches.
- Turn once, when the bubbles rise to the surface. Keep warm in the oven whilst you cook the rest, or eat straight from the pan with butter and maple syrup.
- Serve with a side of fresh berries and thick creamy yoghurt.
Win a £50 Sainsbury’s Voucher!
Simply share your signature recipe that uses 1 or more Sainsbury’s store cupboard ingredients in the comments below, or tweet me (@fussfreehelen) a link to it using #kitchenheroes.
The winning recipe from your competition will be picked by the Sainsbury’s team and the most impressive recipe will win a £50 Sainsbury’s voucher. Competition closes midnight 15th May. I am running this competition in good faith on behalf of Sainsbury’s. No correspondence will be entered into and their decision is final.
The recipe will also be put to a public vote on the Sainsbury’s Facebook page, along with other favourite recipes from all the blogs taking part, to find an overall favourite recipe.
I received a £50 Sainsbury’s voucher to take part in this challenge.