One of Simon’s delicious recipes developed for the throughly good One Brand!
Spicy crisp pancakes, fantastic as they are, or make them into a complete meal by topping with the lamb tikka.
Recipe: Simon Rimmer’s Lamb Tikka with Curried Cauliflower Pancakes
1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets – blanched
4 salted anchovies, finely chopped
8 beaten One Good Eggs
100g dry breadcrumbs
50-75g plain flour
75g grated pecorino
Tablespoon curry powder
800g cubed lamb loin (large cubes)
100ml natural yoghurt
Juice 1 lime
2 cloves crushed garlic
25mm piece ginger, finely chopped
15g ground coriander
5g ground cumin
5g ground garam masala
Juice 1 lemon mixed with 100g butter
Dollop of cucumber raita and coriander blended with vinegar
1. Pancakes – fry the cauliflower and anchovies over med heat for 2-3 mins until soft, stir regularly. Put in a bowl
2. Add all the other ingredients, stir, but don’t worry about cauliflower lumpy bits, they’re supposed to be there
3. Drop spoonfuls of the mix into a fry pan with hot oil, cook 3 mins each side
4. Combine the marinade ingredients, coat the lamb well, thread onto wooden skewers and cover and chill for at least 2 hours
5. After they’ve marinated place on med heat on BBQ, baste with the butter and lemon, turn when golden.
Recipe reproduced with permission of the One Brand.