This pretty pink delicately flavoured cocktail is perfect for sipping on a warm summer’s evening. Make the rhubarb and orange syrup the day before and allow to chill in the fridge.
- 200g new rhubarb – choose the thinner pink stalks – cut into 2cm chunks
- Zest or half an orange
- 75g sugar
- 50ml water
- 1 segment of star anise – optional
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- Place all the ingredients (apart from the Prosecco) into a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over a low heat and cook until the sugar is dissolved and the rhubarb is soft.
- Strain through a fine sieve, return to the pan and simmer until reduced to a thin syrup.
- Chill overnight in the fridge.
- Pour a tablespoon of the syrup into each Champagne glass and top up with Prosecco.
Recipe commissioned by Waitrose Cellar.
Win Waitrose Cellar Prosecco Cocktail Booklet
How To Enter
- Simply complete the Gleam widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- Read the rules below, and please take note of the entry criteria. I can tell if you have tweeted and facebooked, I do verify entries, and will, and have disqualified people who cheat.
- Closing date Midnight 7th July 2015
New to Fuss Free Flavours or Gleam?
- If there is no form hit refresh (f5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment
- Login to Gleam – click to see what the question is. Make a comment answering the question on the blog, (I verify all comments so it will not appear immediately), go back to Gleam and click the button to tell my you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other options regardless of whether the comment is approved or not.
- Gleam will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter!
- For information on how to find the url of your tweet click here
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries