I’ve always been rather fond of a spicy tomato juice, but, as I am not a vodka drinker have ever been a fan of the Bloody Mary.
On a recent visit to the Maille Mustard boutique in central London I discovered, and was wowed by their tomato vinegar, a delicious, richly coloured and flavoured mix of tomato purée and vinegar. Perfect for a modern non-alcoholic twist on the traditional Bloody Mary.
We’ll be serving this for a weekend brunch, or for a hangover soother, the vinegar mimics the alcohol nicely, giving the kick, but also leaving you with a clear head.
- 300 ml chilled tomato juice
- 1 tbs Maille tomato vinegar
- 1 tsp Maille smooth Dijon Mustard
- Juice of about 1/3 a lemon
- Pinch Cayenne pepper – to taste
- Pinch Celery salt – to taste
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Slices of lemon and sticks of leafy celery to serve.
Whisk or shake the ingredients together, check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
Pour into two Martini glasses and garnish with a slice of lemon and a stick of celery.
This is a sponsored post and recipe development commission. Fuss Free Flavours received products & remuneration to compensate for time, skills, knowledge and costs incurred in developing the recipe and writing this post.