An astonishingly good combination of cold brew coffee and tomato juice – think of it as a grown up energy drink for the sophisticated palate.
OK. You really are going to have to trust me here, but this combination of cold brew coffee and tomato juice rocks. I was so skeptical until I tried it, and then I was smitten at first sip.
Firstly; if you have not tried cold brew coffee before then you must – it is a completely different drink from hot coffee which has been left to get cold. Cold brew coffee is sweet, delicate and without a hint of bitterness, or acidity, perfect for the summer months. Read our guide to perfect cold brew coffee here.
When making both cold brew coffee and our cold brew tea, we always use BRITA filtered water, it really does make a massive difference, the final drink is brighter, cleaner, fresher and clearer, appreciably different from making with tap water.
But back to this cold brew coffee and tomato juice combo… It really really works. In the same way that adding some chocolate to chilli works. The tomato, coffee, sour lemon juice and sweet sugar syrup all come together to make a harmonious whole. It is the perfect brunch drink – with or without hot coffee on the side – next time we’ll be adding a cheeky shot of vodka to make a coffee powered riff on a Bloody Mary. It’s a more sophisticated version of a Red Bull or other caffeine laden energy drink.
I wish I could claim credit for this recipe, but it was concocted by the Gentlemen Baristas for BRITA for this year’s London Coffee Week. It is so good – I urge you to make it!
- 75 ml cold brew coffee
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 75 ml tomato juice
- 15 ml sugar syrup
- To garnish
- Celery rosemary, black pepper
Make the sugar syrup with 1 part sugar to 2 parts BRITA filtered water.
Mix the ingredients together and serve in a tall glass with lots of ice.
Win a coffee making bundle from BRITA
How To Enter
- Simply complete the Gleam widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- Read the rules below, and please take note of the entry criteria. I can tell if you have tweeted and facebooked, I do verify entries, and will, and have disqualified people who cheat.
- Closing date Midnight 11th May 2016
New to Fuss Free Flavours or Gleam?
- If there is no form hit refresh (f5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually amswering a question
- Login to Gleam – click to see what the question is. Answer the question in the widget. This will unlock all the other options.
- Gleam will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter!
- For information on how to find the url of your tweet click here
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries
Many thanks to BRITA for this prize
Post commissioned by BRITA, all opinions our own.