Antipasti Bruschetta & Pesto Salad Dressing
I think this may become my new favourite weekday summer lunch. Delicious, fast, fuss free, adaptable and uses up the last bits in those jars of antipasti and pesto at the back of the fridge, and a slice or two of staleing bread. The pesto dressing livens up a dull lettuce, making it a treat to eat.
The trick to griddling the bread is to both liberally coat it in olive oil and to get the griddle piping hot. It will make for the perfect bruschetta!
Tried this recipe?If you try this recipe please tag #FussFreeFlavours on Instagram or Twitter. It is amazing for me when for me when you make one of my recipes and I really do love to see them. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thanks for reading Fuss Free Flavours!
Antipasti BruschettaBruschetta topped with mixed antipasti is a delicious way to use up all those half filled jars in the fridge.Servings: 1
- Thinly sliced bread - baguette or ciabatta work well (I used the remains of day before yesterday's white loaf)
- Good glug olive oil - medium quality
- Mixed Antipasti - mine were feta stuffed peppers (olives and artichokes)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Firstly place your griddle pan onto the highest ring on the hob to allow it to get really hot.
- Meanwhile pour the olive oil onto a plate and press both sides of the bread in it to coat.
- Roughly chop the antipasti and tomato and mix well. Season to taste. I added chives from my window box.
- When the griddle is hot really hot toast the bread on it. Press it down well with a spatula so you get good grill marks. Flip the bread over to toast the other side.
- Serve the antipasti and tomato mix atop the toasted bread. Liberally season with sea salt.• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.Nutrition FactsAntipasti BruschettaAmount Per Serving (1 serving)Calories 677 Calories from Fat 72% Daily Value*Fat 8g12%Saturated Fat 2g13%Sodium 1532mg67%Potassium 275mg8%Carbohydrates 125g42%Fiber 6g25%Sugar 2g2%Protein 22g44%Calcium 195mg20%Iron 7.3mg41%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Delicious Recipes Emailed To You!Get easy, tasty recipes for FREE when you subscribe! Click to Subscribe Now!!
To make the pesto salad dressing simply mix equal quantities of pesto and balsamic vinegar. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and season to taste.
Toss well with the salad. This is especially good with those crisp, generally boring lettuces, like iceberg. Delicious.