Princes Corned Beef Pasties
These corned beef pasties make an easy, satisfying and comforting family meal. Perfect for after a busy day at work or school. They brown nicely in the oven, leaving you with a crisp outside and tasty filling.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
- 300 g potatoes – peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 medium carrots – peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 340 g can Princes Corned Beef – cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tbsp frozen sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup or chutney
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 x 320g packets ready rolled shortcrust pastry or 1 x 500g block
- 1 egg
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6 / 200C
Place the potatoes and carrots in a pan of water and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until they start to soften. Drain and set to one side.
Fry the onion and garlic in a little vegetable oil until translucent.
Add the corned beef to the onion and garlic and mix in.
Add the cooked potato, carrots and sweetcorn. Stir and cook until the corned beef cubes break up a little, but do try and keep some texture.
Season to taste.
Unroll the pastry if using ready roll, or roll out on a floured work top to the thickness of a pound coin. Use a side plate or saucer to cut out six 7?/18cm circles.
Spoon the mix onto the pastry, brush around the edge of the pastry with the beaten egg, fold up the edges and pinch together. Then use your fingers to crimp.
Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 30 – 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix up the recipe by using sweet potato, pumpkin, squash, suede, turnips or parsnips. You could also try peas or diced peppers, or a spoonful of left-over mashed potato.
- To save even more time, try preparing the filling in advance and freeze before using. The cooked pasties can be frozen then reheated once defrosted.
- This recipe is 14 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 1256mg | Potassium: 579mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3480IU | Vitamin C: 24.3mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 6mg