Pulled Chicken and Chickpea Sloppy Joes
These protein packed pulled chicken and chickpea sloppy joes are the perfect filling for a bun or baked potato. Enjoy them healthy and tasty alternative to yet another hamburger. Quick, simple and delicious!
Servings: 8 sloppy joes
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion - peeled & chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled & chopped
- 6 skinless - boneless chicken thighs each cut into quarters
- 1 cup roughly chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs tomato purée
- 1 can chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 8 bread rolls
Heat the oil in a frying pan with a lid, or a small saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until translucent.
Add the chicken pieces and cook for a few minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients.
Cover the pan and turn the heat right down and allow to cook for about half an hour, stirring from time to time, and adding a little more water if needed.
When cooked, shred the chicken, add the chickpeas and a little more chilli sauce if needed.
Serve in a bun with salad.
- The mixture freezes well. Defrost overnight in the fridge and reheat in a pan on the hob, or in the microwave.
- This recipe is Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1.3mg