Quorn™ Meat Free Mini Quiche Lorranines
These mini quiche Lorraines are meat free and made with Quorn™ bacon. They are deliciously perfect for picnics and packed lunches and the whole family will enjoy them.
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ small onion - finely diced
- 4 pieces strips Quorn ™ meat free bacon rashers - cut into 1cm
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce - optional
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml double cream
- 60 ml milk
- 25 g finely grated cheddar
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 packet ready rolled puff pastry
Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas 6.
Melt the butter in a small frying pan, add the onion and fry over a low heat until translucent.
Remove the onion from the pan, quickly fry the bacon until starting to turn golden. Remove from the heat, pour over the soy sauce and stir well to coat.
Whisk the eggs, cream, milk, cheddar and chives together in a jug, then stir in the onion and bacon pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
Use a round cutter to cut 9 circles of pastry and lightly press them into a non stick bun or muffin tin. Pour the mixture into each of the pastry cases until 3/4 full.
Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes until golden, puffed and just set.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing from the tin. Store any leftovers in a airtight tin for a day and reheat in a gentle oven.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 52mg | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 0.9mg