Corned Beef & Potato Cakes
An easy recipe for comforting corned beef and potato cakes. This uses up leftover boiled potatoes –or you can cook double the amount of potatoes next time you cook them. You can add extra potato to these, up to about 500g.
Servings: 12 patties
Prep Time12 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time22 mins
- 340 g can Princes Corned Beef
- 340 g boiled potatoes
- 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic granules
- 1 tsp soy sauce - (optional)
- 1 - 2 spring onions - chopped
- 60 g breadcrumbs
Mix all the ingredients except the breadcrumbs together, and then form into 12 patties about 6 - 7.5cm diameter, and about 1cm thick.
Press the patties in the breadcrumbs on both sides. Let rest in the fridge until cold (about an hour). Fry, turning once, until golden brown.
- Do not skip the chilling stage, it helps the potato cakes stay together when frying them.
- You can make these in advance and keep in the fridge for a day.
- To freeze put the potato cakes on a cling film covered board or tray in the freezer, then pack into plastic boxes once frozen.
- Allow to defrost before cooking.
- Instead of the soy sauce you can add other sauces such as ketchup, sweet chilli sauce, mustard or chutney to make this Gluten Free
- This recipe is 3 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 210mg | Vitamin C: 10.9mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1.7mg