Easy Ginger Cake Recipe (One Step, Vegan)
This vegan easy ginger cake is delicious, and made entirely from store cupboard ingredients. Simply put all the ingredients into a mixer and whizz. Swap in your favourite gluten free flour to make this gluten free. Free-form baking made easy. Egg Free, Dairy Free and Vegan.
- 350 g Plain Flour
- 225 g Sugar (soft dark brown)
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 2-3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch salt
- 4 tbsp black treacle / molasses - (about 60g)
- 225 ml water
- ½- 1 tsp ground cinnamon - (optional)
- ½-1 tsp ground all spice - (optional)
- Dash chilli powder - (optional)
- Handful dried dates or figs - (optional)
Place all the ingredients into the food processor bowl, or mixer and whizz until you have a smooth golden brown batter.
Pour into 8” square pan lined with greaseproof paper and bake at GM4/180C/355F for about 35 – 40 mins until risen and a cocktail stick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- When weighing the treacle put the spoon into a jug on the scales, then zero them, use the spoon to dollop the treacle into the jug without scraping the spoon I then rezero the scales and weigh 225g of boiling water into the jug which will dissolve all the treacle which saves any sticky scraping for spoon to food processor bowl. As the recipe is so forgiving accurate measuring is really not necessary.
- To make this gluten free, swap out the flour for gluten free flour
- This recipe can be made with wholewheat flour
- It can be keto friendly if it fits within your macros for the day
- This recipe is 11 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 46mg | Potassium: 162mg | Sugar: 23g | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2mg