Carluccio's Lasagnetta Mince Pies
An Italian twist on a mince pie
- 200 g ready made sweet pastry
- plain flour - to dust
- 25 g Raisins
- 25 g orange peel - finely chopped
- 30 g Dried Prunes - finely chopped
- 30 g Dried apricots - finely chopped
- 30 g Almond flakes - toasted<br>
- 40 g Brown sugar
- 80 ml Good quality dark rum
- 1 Apple - chopped or grated
- 1/2 lemon - juice
- 4 Egg yolks
- 80 g caster sugar
- 50 ml Marsala wine
Preheat the oven to 170C
Roll the pastry until about 3mm thck, cut out stars using a star cutter. Place in the Whisk the egg oven on a pre-heated tray lined with baking paper, or until golden.
Mix all the other ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins
For the sauce
Whisk the egg yolks, caster sugar and wine in a bowl and cook over a bain marie until it thickens to a custard like consistency.
Place a spoonful of the dried fruit mix in the centre of a plate, and top with a pastry star. Repeat until the dish is 4, or more stars high. Serve with the custard around the mince pie
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 591kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 640IU | Vitamin C: 18.1mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1.5mg