Recipe: Tomato Tea
This unusual, but refreshing "tomato tea" is richly flavoured with tomato and super simple to make. Keto, Whole 30 and Paleo Friendly!
Servings: 1 mug
- 150 g good quality tomatoes
- 200 ml BRITA filtered water
- Sprig thyme
- Pinch salt
- Slice lemon
- Couple of basil leaves
- Celery salt
Place the tomatoes and BRITA filtered water in a blender (I use the Froothie Optimum 9400) and whizz for a few seconds until you have a smooth liquid.
Strain through a muslin, then through a coffee filter paper.
Pour into a pan, add the thyme and salt and bring to a simmer.
Pour the hot tea into a tea pot and add a slice of lemon.
Serve in shot glasses (dip the rims into water then celery salt) with a basil leaf.
- You do need to start this in advance as it takes ages to filter, to speed things up filter it first through a jelly bag, or cheese cloth, then through a coffee filter for a crystal clear drink.
- This recipe is 1 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 27kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Vitamin C: 20.5mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.4mg