Tomato Rice & Quinoa Bake with Roasted Vegetables
A mixed grain one pot with roasted vegetables. Perfect using up vegetables before your weekly shop.
Servings: 6 people
For the roast vegetables
- 1.5 kg of mixed vegetables cut into 1.5cm cubes. Use a mix of carrot - parsnip, sweet potato, peppers, red onion, butternut squash or pumpkin.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Rice and Quinoa Tomato One Pot
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 150 g quick cook brown rice
- 150 g quinoa
- 1 x 440g can chopped tomatoes
- 550 ml vegetable stock
For the vegetables preheat the oven to 180C / GM5.
Place all the ingredients into a large roasting tray, give a good shake to cover in the oil cook for 45 minutes.
For the rice and quinoa fry the onion in a casserole suitable for the hob for a few minutes until it is translucent, add the rice, quinoa, tinned tomatoes and stock, and allow it to come to a simmer. Put the lid on the casserole and cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
Stir in half the roast vegetables, add a little water if needed and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes (turn the oven off when you put the pot back in).
Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, toasted flaked almonds and chopped herbs.
The timing will work if you start preparing the bake about 15 minutes after the roast vegetables have been put in the oven.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 712mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 12890IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 5.2mg