Goats Cheese, Thyme and Bramley Apple Muffins
Delicious muffins with goats cheese and apple - perfect for a weekend breakfast
Servings: 8 muffins
- 150 plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 or two screws ground pepper
- 1 salad onion – finely chopped
- 1 medium Bramley Apple – cored – then coarsely grated – no need to peel
- 50 g soft goat’s cheese – cubed
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 100 ml milk
- 50 ml mild tasting vegetable oil
- 1 egg
Place the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix well. Add the salad onion, Bramley apple, goat’s cheese and thyme (reserving a little) and mix well
Whisk the oil, milk and egg mixture with a fork. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together (the batter should be lumpy and mixing should take no more than 15 folds). Dollop the mixture into cupcake cases (paper or silicone) and sprinkle each muffin some of the reserved cheese and thyme. Bake at GM5/190C/375F for 25 – 30 mins until risen and golden.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.