Spiced Mulled Cider
Spiced Mulled Cider is the perfect punch for winter parties – light, warming and delicious.
Servings: 8 large glasses
- 2 litres dry cider - (hard cider)
- 2 oranges – cut into quarters
- 100 g white sugar
- 4 allspice berries
- 2 half a cinnamon stick
- ½ star anise pod
- 250 ml brandy
- Orange and apple slices, cinammon sticks
Gather all the ingredients and put them in the pan.
Cover with a lid and heat gently, bringing the cider to a simmer.
Cook for half an hour.
Serve in heat-proof glasses with slices of orange & apple and a piece of cinnamon stick.
- Get a mid range supermarket own label cider for making this, not the most expensive, but also avoid the cheapest.
- To cook in the multicooker, set to 80°C and leave for an hour.
- To make in the slow cooker, cook on high until simmering and then set to warm.
- You can make the punch in advance – just bring it up to a simmer and then allow it to cool. Then reheat to serve.
- Try other spirits instead of brandy – for instance, calvados or amaretto.
- For a non-alcoholic mulled apple punch, use a good sharp apple juice instead of cider and leave out the brandy and all or most of the sugar, depending on the sweetness of the juice. Add a cup of tea or hibiscus tea if you like.
- This recipe is 7 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 79mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg