Salmon Ceviche & Cranberry Canapés
Servings: 30 Canapes
Prep Time1 hr
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time1 hr 25 mins
- 50 g cranberries
- 1 tsp honey
- drizzle olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- Juice one orange
- Juice 1 lime
- 6 allspice berries
- 2 cloves garlic – peeled and crushed
- 4 stalks of dill – finely chopped
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Rye crackers & more dill to serve
Firstly prepare the cranberries (you can do this one or two days before and then store in the fridge). Add the cranberries, honey and oil to a gratin dish, give a good shake and roast at 180C / Gas 4 for about 25 minutes until the cranberries are wrinkled and soft. Drain and discard any juice, transfer to a bowl.
Remove any skin from the salmon and cut the flesh into 1cm sized cubes. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Cover and leave in the fridge to allow the citrus to “cook” the fish, and the flavours to infuse.
To serve remove the garlic and allspice, and spoon a teaspoon of the ceviche on small rye crackers and garnish with more dill.
Best enjoyed at a party with a glass of champagne.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.