Recipe: English Stilton Fondue with Apples & Pears
A fondue with a difference: sweet apples and pears dipped into a rich stilton sauce.
Servings: 4 servings
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 clove Garlic - cut lengthwise
- 200 ml Dry - still cider
- 500 g Blue Stilton cut into small cubes
- 125 ml Creme Fraiche/Fromage blanc/Double cream
- 1 tbsp Cornflour - or plain flour is ok
- 2 tblsp chopped Chives
Rub the cut edge of the garlic clove around the inside of a heavy-based fondue pan to leave a fine coating.
Discard the rest of the garlic, pour in the cider (but keep a couple of tablespoons back) and heat to a gentle simmer.
In a small bowl mix together the reserved cider and the flour into a smooth paste.
Gradually add the cheese to the pan, stirring as it melts into the cider. Do not let the mixture come to a boil as it will split into oil and solids.
Once the cheese is all melted, add and stir in the flour paste, you should see the mixture thicken.
Just before serving whisk in the Crème Fraiche and chives. Allow to warm back up and transfer to the table to serve over an oil or gel burner to keep it hot.
Serve with cubes of bread, apples, & pears.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 806kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 38g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 1941mg | Potassium: 1008mg | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 1945IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 1136mg | Iron: 0.6mg