Recipe: SPAM™ish Omelette for SPAM® Appreciation Week
Spanish omelette with Spam.
Servings: 2 omelettes
- 200 g tub or can SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham - cubed
- 120 g cooked potatoes – cubed
- 30 g green and red peppers – diced
- 1 medium onion – sliced
- 1 small garlic clove – crushed
- 4 large eggs – beaten with a little milk
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Use one frying pan and one (28 cm) omelette pan (not with a wooden handle)
Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in the frying pan, stir in the sliced onion and crushed garlic and sauté on a low heat until golden brown while stirring frequently. Then add the diced peppers and cook for a further two minutes
Meantime in the omelette pan, add a further tablespoon of oil and when warm sauté the cubed SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham until golden brown
Remove the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham from the pan but keep it warm. Then add the potatoes to the pan and sauté until golden brown
Transfer all the cooked ingredients into the omelette pan. Turn up the heat and when the pan is hot pour in the beaten egg/milk mixture. Keep the egg mixture moving around the pan with a wooden spatula until it starts to set making sure the ingredients are spread out evenly
Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top then turn down the heat until cooked underneath and almost set on top
Transfer the pan to a hot grill and grill on a high temperature until the top is set and beginning to turn a nicer golden colour
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 624kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 398mg | Sodium: 1547mg | Potassium: 906mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 870IU | Vitamin C: 28.8mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 4.5mg