Recipe: Vegetable and Chicken Stir Fry - making a half or quarter portion
Making a half or quarter portion is easy
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine - or dry white wine
- Stir fry vegetables of your choice:
- Yellow pepper roughly sliced
- Bamboo shoots
- Water chestnuts
- Carrots finely sliced
Chicken breast enough for 4 – diced (mine on this occasion was precooked)
Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, cornflour, Chinese five spice and Chinese rice wine into a paste.
Place a wok (or flat frying pan) on a medium heat, with some sesame or peanut oil on a high heat. Once warmed through add the vegetables and cook on a high heat for a few minutes.
Add the pre cooked chicken and then cook for a few minutes further. If using fresh chicken, add before the vegetables.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 503mg | Potassium: 33mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.6mg