Recipe: Easy Black Cherry Syllabub
Creamy syllabub with whole black cherries and crumbled meringue
Servings: 2 servings
- 150 ml double cream
- 2 dsp icing sugar
- 2 tbs juice / syrup from jarred black cherries - I used Opies in kirsch
- 2 tbs dry white wine – I used Famille Bougrier Muscadet
- 1 meringue nest – lightly crushed
- 20 or so jarred black cherries - I used Opies in kirsch
Whisk the cream, sugar, juice and wine together until thickened, but still floppy.
Scatter half the crushed meringue between two glasses, reserving a few small pieces.
Dollop the cream mixture over the meringue. I use a jam funnel to get it neatly into the glass. Smooth it down if needed.
Top with the remaining cherries, crushed meringue and a drizzle more of the juice.
Serve immediately, or keep in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 81mg | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 1175IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 0.1mg