Recipe: One Pan Speltotto with Poached Fish
One Pan Speltotto with Poached Fish
Servings: 2 servings
- Glug light olive - or cooking oil
- 1 Small onion or stick or celery finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 110 g / 4oz / ½ cup pearled spelt
- 250 ml / ½ pint / 1 cup vegetable stock
- Glug white wine - optional
- 1 heaped tsp brown miso
- 1 tbs soy sauce or tamari
- 1 handful spinach or kale - thick stalks removed
- 1 large or 2 small fillets of fish
- 1 tsp dried seaweed sprinkles - I used nori flakes, or Clearspring’s sea salad
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large non stick frying pan and fry the onion and garlic until just starting to go golden. Add the spelt and fry for another minute.
Add the stock and wine (if using) and stir well. Allow to gently simmer for about 15 mins stirring from time to time, and adding more stock if needed.
When the spelt is nearly done, but still al dente, stir in the miso, soy sauce. Add the spinach or kale and gently fold it in so it wilts.
Make a well in the middle of the spelt mixture and lay the fish fillets into it. Gently cook for 5 minutes to poach the fish, adding more stock if needed, flip the fish over and cook until done, the halibut fillet took about 15 minutes in total. Add a generous squeeze of lemon, sprinkle the seaweed flakes over and serve immediately.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 2servings | Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1133mg | Potassium: 396mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1675IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3.2mg