Crispy Fried Marinated Halloumi
Crispy fried marinated halloumi cheese - Quick, easy and satisfying. Gluten Free and Keto
- 1 dsp Olive Oil
- 1 Finely chopped red chilli
- Squeeze of lemon or lime
- 1 dsp soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- Pepper - no salt as the cheese is already fairly salty
- 250g Block halloumi
- 1 dsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
Cut the halloumi into 1cm cubes or slices, add to the marinade and leave for a few hours, preferably overnight in the fridge.
Remove the halloumi from the marinade, roll in the cornflour and then fry over a high heat in vegetable oil, moving all the time until golden and crispy.
Add the remains of the marinade to the pan, cook until reduced, serve immediately on a bed of salad.
- Add capers, preserved lemons or soy sauce to the marinade.
- This recipe is 9 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 780mg | Potassium: 72mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 32.8mg | Calcium: 625mg | Iron: 0.2mg