Small Batch Nectarine Jam - Conserve Method
Steeping the fruit in the sugar beforehand extracts the juice and makes for a delicious jam bursting with flavour. Three ingredients and 4 large fruit make two jars of jam. Vegan Friendly
Servings: 25 servings
- 4 large ripe nectarines - about 440 g
- 360 g granulated white sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
The sugar is 80% weight of fruit (about 4 large nectarines)
Cut up and remove the stones from the nectarines and place in a bowl. Cover with the sugar, add the lemon juice, stir, Cover. Leave overnight
Pour into a medium saucepan – gently heat until the sugar has dissolved. Lightly mash with a potato masher to break the fruit up.
Place jam jars and lids in the oven at 135°C/Gas mark 1
Bring to a rolling, but not rapid boil until setting point is reached. 105°C or spoon from the freezer sets and wrinkles on the top when poked.
Allow to stand for a few minutes. Pour into hot jars – seal and allow to cool.
- This recipe is 4 Weight Watchers Smart points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Potassium: 35mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 0.1mg