Festive Spiced Cranberry & Orange Vodka
My festive spiced cranberry and orange vodka makes the perfect warming drink for Christmas. Beautifully balanced with winter fruit and aromatic spices, it's a great way to impress your guests on cosy nights in. Equally good made with gin, rather than vodka.
Servings: 20 25ml shots
- 200 g cranberries
- zest of 1 orange - wide strips
- 2 cm cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 segments of a star anise
- 150 g sugar
- 450 ml vodka
Prick the cranberries with a fork or freeze them so the skins break.
Place the cranberries, sugar, spices and orange zest in a wide-necked preserving jar.
Top up with a reasonable (but not premium) vodka or dry London gin,
Seal and give a good shake every day until the sugar has dissolved.
Leave for at least six weeks if you can (although it is more than drinkable after 10 days); the longer the better, as the drink will become smoother with time.
Strain and bottle. Again, the drink will become smoother if you can leave it for a few weeks.
- This recipe is 3 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Potassium: 8mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.1mg