Easy Peasey Thai Ginger Cake
A ginger cake with a difference; exoticly flavoured with Thai ginger and dried mango.
Servings: 16 slices
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 350 g Plain Flour
- 225 g Sugar - I use soft dark brown for colour and flavour but any would work
- 100 g Cooking oil - Sunflower or rape/canola
- 2-3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch salt
- 60 g treacle
- 225 ml boiling water
- 2 tbs finely chopped dried mango
- 2 tbs finely chopped candied Thai ginger
* When weighing the treacle I put the spoon into a jug on the scales, then zero them, use the spoon to dollop the treacle into the jug without scraping the spoon I then rezero the scales and weigh 225g of boiling water into the jug which will dissolve all the treacle which saves any sticky scraping from spoon to food processor bowl. As the recipe is so forgiving accurate measuring is really not necessary. The cake should keep for about a week.
The cake should keep for about a week.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 112mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1.4mg