Lime & Elderflower Possets
A beautiful and fresh summer dessert.
- 284 ml carton extra thick double cream
- 2 oz sugar
- juice and zest of one lime
- 1 tbs elderflower cordial
Simply scrape the cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil keep a close eye on it as it can very rapidly (and messily) boil over. While the cream heats zest the lime into the pan. Once it boils, add the sugar, lime juice and cordial. Simmer for a minute stirring well until the sugar has dissolved. Pour into serving dishes - 4 ramekins or 6 espresso cups. Chill until set before serving. I made these and they were set in under an hour.
I served with strawberries marinated in elderflower cordial and Irish lace biscuits (recipe to come)
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 53mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1045IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 46mg