Spiced Apple Bran Muffins
Muffins take minutes to make, and are the perfect weekend breakfast, delicious, wholesome and fresh from the oven.
Servings: 6 muffins
- 4 ½ oz flour - I used half plain and half wholemeal spelt.
- 1 tbs bran
- 1 ½ oz soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground all spice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 grated apple
- 4 ½ oz milk - dairy or plant
- 1 ½ oz sunflower oil
Preheat the oven to GM 5/190°C/375°F. Gather and prepare your ingredients, sifting the flour and spices and removing large lumps from the sugar by crumbling them between your fingers. Set your muffin cases in a tray, ready for the oven.
Put all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix the apple into the dry ingredients well, so that each piece of apple is coated and not sticking to the others.
Whisk the milk and oil together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together gently. The batter should be lumpy. Mixing should take no more than 15 folds.
Divide your mixture into the cases. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until risen and dark golden.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 205mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1.4mg