Beetroot bread loaf
Adding beetroot to dough makes for an amazing looking yeasted loaf. An easy recipe which tastes great! Egg free as well.
Servings: 14 slices
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time2 hrs
- 100 ml milk
- 145 ml water - lukewarm
- 1 sachet dried or quick yeast
- 2 tbs oil - rapeseed or similar
- 350 g strong white bread flour
- 150 g beetroot - grated
- 1 tsp salt
Add the yeast to water and milk and whisk in until dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and bring together to a rough and shaggy dough.
Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until stretchy and pliable. Place the dough back in the bowl, and cover.
Allow to rise for hour or so, until light and puffy, and doubled in size.
Knock back and form into a loaf shape. Transfer to a buttered loaf tin, cover, and leave to proof, for another hour or so.
Bake at 200°C/Gas mark 6 for 40 minutes. It's done when it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- This recipe is 3 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1.2mg