Baked Feta with Tomatoes and Garlic
In this easy to make Greek baked feta, tomato, garlic, olives and herbs all come together with the cheese to make a glorious dish, redolent of summer in the Aegean. Dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes makes this perfect for a mid week after work meal.
- ½ can tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 packet feta cheese - (200g)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olives - (pitted)
- 1 tbsp olive oil - (extra virgin)
- 1 sprig oregano
- 1 sprig thyme
Heat oven to 200°C / 180°C (Fan) / Gas Mark 6. In an 8" (20 cm) ovenproof dish, mix the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree. Slice the garlic clove and stir in.
Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters, and slice the olives.
Layer the feta, cherry tomatoes, and olives on top of the tomato and garlic mixture. Top with the olive oil and herbs.
Bake for 25 minutes, until the tomatoes have cooked through. Serve immediately.
- Greek oregano is very different from British oregano, so I use a mixture of oregano and thyme. If you have Greek oregano, use that instead.
- It's quicker and easier to use pitted olives. Keep any leftover olives in the freezer for next time.
- Try using capers instead of olives. Rinse them first, as they can be very salty.
- For a kick of heat, add some chilli flakes or slices of fresh chillies to the tinned tomatoes.
- Serve with pasta for a topping with a difference.
- Make in individual ramekins to serve as an attractive appetizer or side dish.
- This recipe is 8 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 1321mg | Potassium: 474mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 22.4mg | Calcium: 549mg | Iron: 2.7mg