Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Classic British Ploughman's Lunch
A British Ploughman's lunch is the classic pub favourite that is easy to put together and far better made at home. A filling meal based on good bread, cheese, and pickles, with a traditional beer or cider to wash it down.
Servings: 4 people
- 8 thick slices good quality bread
Cheese & Dairy
- 100 g Cheddar
- 100 g Stilton
- 100 g Soft goats cheese
- 100 g Blue cheese
- 100 g Butter
Ham and Meats
- 4 thick slices Ham
- 100 g cured meats and charcuterie
Pickles & Chutney
- 50 g Silver skin onions
- 4 Pickled onions
- 50 g Gherkins
- 100 g Chutney
Salad & Fruit
- 100 g Celery
- 100 g Vine tomatoes
- 4 Apples - or pears
- 1 medium Pork Pie - cut into wedges
- 2 Scotch eggs - cut into wedges
- 4 Eggs - hard boiled
Select what you will be serving from the ingredients above, choosing one or two ingredients from each category.
Arrange on serving boards and patters and serve at room temperature.
- Concentrate on the core ingredients first (the bread, cheese and pickles) and build around them.
- Quality, fresh and preferably local ingredients every time! The better the food, the simpler and better the meal.
- Make sure you have covered something salty (cheese), tangy (pickles) and sweet (apples or pears).
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature for the best flavour.
- Nutrition is very approximate and will depend on what you serve and eat!
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 706kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 1830mg | Potassium: 647mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 1974IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 468mg | Iron: 5mg