Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Easy Blondies - one bowl, no mixer
These easy blondies will become a firm favourite in next to no time - one bowl - no fuss!
Servings: 16 blondies
- 115 g butter - melted
- 210 g light soft brown sugar - or dark
- 1 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat your oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas 4. Prepare an 8" / 20 cm square baking tin by lining with parchment paper, and then greasing with butter or a light flavourless oil.
Put the butter into a large bowl or jug, and melt in the microwave in 10 seconds bursts. Continue until the butter is melted but not hot. Alternatively, melt the butter over a pan of simmering water on the stove top.
115 g butter
Add the soft brown sugar and stir it in.
210 g light soft brown sugar
Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
1 large eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract
Fold in the flour (and baking powder and salt if using plain flour or unsalted butter). Mix until you have a thick glossy batter.
125 g plain flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 pinch salt
Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Give it a gentle shake to level it out.
Bake for 25–28* minutes, until the blondies are set at the edges (which will have risen and become slightly wrinkled). There will be a shiny papery crust on top. The middle should be soft and still slightly wobbly. *If you don't have a fan oven you may need to turn the pan half way through cooking if your oven has hot spots. Do this as quickly and as gently as you can.
Stand the tin on a wire rack and allow to cool for 10–15 minutes to firm up (the centre will continue to cook in the residual heat). Then gently lift out of the pan and cut into 16 squares (4 x 4 pattern).
- Store for up to 5 days. I find the best way is to wrap your blondies in the baking parchment you used for baking, before sealing them in an airtight tin. For that just baked taste pop into the microwave for 10 seconds to warm up and restore that delicious fudge centre.
- For the best blondie dessert, try topping with a spoon of fudge sauce before you microwave.
- You can also wrap well and freeze for 3 months, but we never had any left over after a few days.
- To double the recipe – use a 13 x 9" baking pan. The blondies will be a bit thicker and take slightly longer to cook.
- This recipe has proportionally more fat in it compared to many bakes. Take time to stir the flour in properly to prevent any separation.
- Use proper butter! Baking spread has its place but it is not here.
- Good quality vanilla extract makes a massive difference. Vanilla extract contains real vanilla, while essence is often synthetically made and contains little or no actual vanilla.
- This recipe is 7 Weight Watchers Smart Points
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 202IU | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg