Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
This easy and delicious vegan paella recipe is bursting with sunshine flavours and packed with delicious vegetables.
- 1 onion - peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g paella rice
- ½ tsp saffron - or turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 100 g roasted peppers
- 50 g olives
- ½ 400 g can chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
Chop the onion and garlic. Heat the oil in the pan and add the onion. Then, after a couple of minutes, add the garlic. Then fry gently until fragrant and golden. Remove from the pan and set to one side.
Heat the broth in the pan until it is simmering. Then add the rice and stir. Return the onion and garlic to the pan, along with the spices. Stir and then turn the heat down. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure the rice does not stick.
Add the chopped red peppers, chickpeas, olives and lemon wedges. Add some more water (or a glug of wine or sherry) if the paella looks dry.
Cook for another 10 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the stock and is soft and tender.
Remove the pan from the heat, and cover with a clean tea towel. Allow it to stand for a few minutes. Then remove the towel and return to the stove on a high heat for another minute. (Remove it if you start to smell burning.)
Remove the pan from the heat, and cover with a clean tea towel. Allow it to stand for a few minutes.
Then remove the towel and return to the stove on a high heat for another minute. (Remove it if you start to smell burning.)
Finally,decorate with fresh lemon wedges and fresh parsley. Enjoy your vegetable paellawhile it's hot!
- This recipe is 6 Weight Watchers points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 941mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 814IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg