Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Easy Celeriac Chips (Celery Root Fries)
Quick and easy celeriac chips make a great alternative to potato fries that is lower in carbs and still counts towards your 5 a day! Not only are they absolutely delicious, but these celeriac fries are adaptable make any flavour you like!
- 1 celeriac - 800 g – 1 kg
- 1 tbsp olive oil - extra virgin
- 1 tbsp paprika - smoked or sweet
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat the oven to fan 200°C/400°F/GM 6.
Cut the celeriac into half, then quarters, cut off the root and discard. Peel.
Cut the celeriac into slices about 1cm / 1/3 inch thick, cutting as evenly as you can. Chop each slice into chips.
Put the batons in a large roasting pan with the oil and paprika. Turn to coat each chip evenly. Do not add the salt at this stage.
1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp paprika
Spread the celeriac chips out well, so that they have space to roast and crisp up.If you need to, split the batch between two trays, so that they are in a single layer with a little space around each.
Cook in the oven for half an hour. After 15 minutes, turn the chips so that they will cook evenly.
Season with salt and pepper before serving.
salt & pepper to taste
- Try and cut the chips evenly. Save any offcuts in the freezer to add to soup and stews.
- Do make sure you spread your chips out to cook.
- Always salt at the end of cooking and not before.
- This recipe is 11 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 2servings | Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 403mg | Potassium: 1280mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1724IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 4mg