Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Easy Slow Cooker Fudge
Creamy, dreamy melt-in-the-mouth chocolate fudge with just two ingredients. I'll show you all my tips and tricks to make perfect fudge every time with bar chocolate and a can of condensed milk.
Servings: 64 pieces
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk - 400 g / 300 ml
- 14 oz chocolate, broken into pieces - dark, milk or a mix. If using white chocolate, increase the quantity to 17.5 oz / 500 g.
- sprinkles - optional
Line a 8" tin or flexible tray with baking parchment.
Break up the chocolate and put it in a tough, heatproof jug that will stand comfortably in the slow cooker. Pour the condensed milk over the chocolate.
1 can (14 oz) condensed milk, 14 oz chocolate, broken into pieces
Boil a kettle of water. Stand the jug inside the slow cooker. Then pour the boiling water into the cooker, around the jug, to about two thirds of the way up the jug, Don't splash any water into the jug!
Set the cooker to low and leave it uncovered for about 30–40 minutes. Then stir well. If the chocolate has not fully melted, leave it for a bit longer. Return and stir again until you have a thick, well combined mixture with no lumps.
Pour the melted fudge mixture into the prepared mould. Smooth the surface. If you want to top the fudge with sprinkles, spread them evenly over the surface and press in gently with the back of a spoon.
Let the fudge cool and then place the tray in the fridge to set. This will take at least a couple of hours.
Turn the fudge out of the mould and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
The fudge will keep in an air tight container in the fridge for several weeks, so there is no need to freeze it.
Take it out of the fridge and bring it up to room temperature before serving.
Hints and Tips
- The recipe will produce a solid, melt in the mouth creamy fudge. Lower cocoa solid chocolate will produce a softer fudge.
- If you need to firm it up, cut into squares and spread out on a chopping board. Then leave the fudge uncovered in the fridge overnight.
- Regular supermarket bar chocolate works well. You do not need anything expensive, fancy or chocolate chips here.
- Take care not to get any water in the jug and do not cover the slow cooker.
- This recipe is 2 Weight Watchers points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg