Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Peri Peri Seasoning Recipe
A spectacular spice mix makes it so easy to reproduce your favourite peri peri dishes at home. Think of it as your 'even better than Nando's seasoning'!
Servings: 125 ml
- 2 tbsp paprika - ground, mix of regular and smoked
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp oregano - dried
- 2 tsp parsley - dried
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper - to taste, or ground peri peri
- 2 tsp black pepper - ground
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp coriander seed - ground
- 1 tsp cardamom - ground, optional
- 1 tsp onion powder
Gather your ingredients and put everything in a clean, dry bowl. Mix together thoroughly.
2 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp oregano, 2 tsp parsley, 2 tsp cayenne pepper, 2 tsp black pepper, 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp coriander seed, 1 tsp cardamom, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tbsp salt
Transfer your peri peri seasoning mix to a clean dry jar with a lid that fits tightly. If you have a jam funnel, this will help to avoid any spillage.
Seal and store in a cool, dark place, ready to use in all your peri peri marinades, dips and chips.
Unless you have a really good blender, it is really is best to buy ready ground spices here. If everything is ground to about the same consistency, the contents of the jar won't separate as they settle.
Adjust the amount of peri peri / hot chilli / cayenne to suit your taste. It is better to make a milder blend and then add some more to heat it up, than make it too hot in the first place.
Different brands of spices vary wildly in heat and flavour, and freshness makes a big difference to depth of flavour. You may need to experiment to find your favourites.
Generally speaking, the fresher your spices, the better.
Store your seasoning in a cool, dark place.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.