Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Cheese & Chive Dip Recipe
Cool, cheese and full of flavour, this dip is a familiar favourite. Perfect with snacks or as part of a party spread.
Servings: 6 people
- 120 g sour cream
- 60 g mayonnaise
- 100 g cheddar - finely grated
- 2 tbsp chives - chopped
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper or turmeric
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
Put all the ingredients in a bowl, reserving some of the chives for garnish.
120 g sour cream, 60 g mayonnaise, 100 g cheddar, 2 tbsp chives, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper or turmeric, ¼ tsp garlic powder
Mix until thoroughly combined. Do this by hand with a spoon, spatula or fork, as the mixer will spoil the texture.
Cover and leave your cheese and chive dip to infuse and thicken in the fridge for at least an hour. Check the flavour and season according to taste with salt and pepper if necessary. Garnish with chives to serve.
Store your dip in an airtight tub in the fridge and eat within 2 days. I don't recommend freezing cheese and chive dip.
Hints and tips
- You really cannot taste the turmeric, but it adds just a little colour.
- Do not use ready grated cheese. It won't be grated fine enough and the anti caking agents added to it can result in a disappointing flavour and texture.
- Don't be tempted to blend the dip. Food processors just don't work well with this cheese and chive dip recipe. It will become too homogenous, losing texture, and it won't thicken as it rests.
- Thin your dip with a little milk if you want to drizzle it over salad.
- Add a splash of pasta water to leftovers and use as a pasta sauce!
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 0.04g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 342IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 0.1mg